Carbonara is a delicious pasta dish that originated in Rome, Italy. It is made with bacon, eggs, cheese and spaghetti noodles.
Carbonara has been around since the 1950s when it was first created by chefs near Piazza del Popolo.
The dish has many variations to how it should be prepared but this blog post will focus on one of the most common ways – the result is delicious Carbonara that you can prepare quickly. That’s all that matters!
I will walk you through each step in preparing what could become your new favorite meal (if it’s not already). So let’s check it out below.
Ingredients for Carbonara
- 300 grams uncooked Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 Eggs
- 200 grams Belly Bacon (Pancetta)
- 1 tbs Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 150g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 40g butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
How to prepare delicious Carbonara Pasta quickly
1. Start by boiling the water for the spaghetti noodles in a large pot. You will need to cook your spaghetti noodles according to the instructions on the box that they came from. (usually around 6-8 minutes)
2. While your noodles are cooking, you should start preparing your bacon by cutting each strip into half and putting them into a frying pan where you’ve heated up the Olive Oil.
You will want to cook them until they are crispy. When done, transfer the bacon onto a plate that is covered in paper towel to suck the excess fat.
3. Next, take your eggs and crack each one into a bowl before whisking it together with some salt/pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese (don’t use it all – you’ll need some to sprinkle over the prepared Carbonara).
Now it’s time to add other spices – the minced garlic and the pepper flakes. Mix this mixture well.
4. In a pan, melt the butter and add the cooked bacon (crumble it before) and the cooked pasta. Drop the egg mixture on them and using tongs or a wooden spoon, mix everything well.
You want the mixture to cover up the pasta evenly and not turn into omelette. You can add a few tablespoons from the water the pasta cooked in in order to help prepare the sauce.
The starch from the water, combined with the eggs and everything else will really round up a good recipe!
Optional: add a tbsp of flour and 150ml of milk to make the sauce thicker. I usually skip this step, but it could help and make the taste better. You can add just a bit of milk to prevent the eggs from overcooking or skip it altogether.
5. After a few minutes (when the eggs are properly cooked), remove the Carbonara from the pan and transfer it to your plates. Eat is while it’s still warm, and sprinkle that extra Parmesan cheese on top before eating.
Bon appetite! It’s delicious!
Thanks for reading this post on how to cook the perfect Carbonara quickly! This dish is sure to please everyone in your household so enjoy cooking up this delicious meal tonight!