If you want to keep your pet dog in the best possible shape, today’s Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Toothpaste for dogs review will help a lot. You will lean what I think about this incredible toothpaste after trying it and why you should do the same.
Brushing your dog’s teeth regularly with the Wickedly Potent! toothpaste for dogs is supposed to not only improve your pup’s breath, but also the dog’s overall health as well.
It should go without saying that animals should never be given human toothpaste because common ingredients like xylitol and fluoride can be highly toxic to pets.
This is why they need products created specifically for them and this is such a product!
This is how it looks like – click here to check it out on Amazon as well! (affiliate link)
Important: We get commissions for purchases made through links in this article at no extra cost for you.
When caring for your dog’s health, you will want to use a special toothpaste for them, one that has a formula specifically designed for canines. These special toothpastes will keep your dog’s moth clean and smelling fresh.
According to veterinarian “Dr. Jeff” Werber, D.V.M. & Mars Petcare spokesperson:
“When brushing your dog’s teeth, make sure to use a soft bristle or a finger brush, and a toothpaste made especially for dogs. Dog toothpastes are non-sudsing, swallowable, and are often flavored with an attractive taste.”
While most dog toothpastes work to generally reduce plaque and freshen breath, you may want to pick a product that’s more targeted, like the Wickedly Potent! range, particularly if your pooch is prone to either issue.
I should also note that this brand comes in different flavors to accommodate picky eaters and dogs with allergies.
You can also supplement your dog’s oral health routine with chews and treats, but a small pea size dab of toothpaste will work wonders to keep your dog healthy.
- Maintains healthy teeth and gums. Cleans and brightens teeth, fights bad breath germs with antibacterial properties.
- Organic unrefined coconut oil.
- Human Grade Ingredients which are both wild crafted and organic – no GMO or pesticides.
- None reported at time of review.
Wickedly Potent! Vegan Toothpaste Review Summary
Consistent and regular use of Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil toothpaste can maintain your dog’s oral health as it promotes fresh breath and fights plaque formation.
It also helps remove mild build up.
If your dog already has a lot of plaque buildup, very bad breath, red inflamed gums, and receding gum line prior to using this oral care product we suggest you VISIT YOUR VETERINARIAN as your pet may require a full dental.
IMPORTANT: Since regular toothbrushes created for humans won’t work well with dogs, you should also get a special Dog Fingerbrush like this one – it’s really cheap and perfect for pet!
Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Toothpaste For Dogs features
- DENTAL AND ORAL HYGIENE FOR DOGS CATS & PETS: maintains healthy teeth and gums. Cleans and brightens teeth, fights bad breath germs with antibacterial properties. Leaves mouth fresh and clean. This natural herbal remedy is safe and effective for mild dental problems, and general maintenance of dental and oral health. It is completely safe to swallow and will even provide many internal benefits as well.
- BENEFICIAL PROPERTIES: Organic unrefined coconut oil & Organic Baking soda works to clean, whiten & neutralize PH while Food Grade Bentonite clay, draws out toxins and powerfully remineralizers teeth Peppermint oil has the ability to inhibit biofilm formation while providing a therapeutic benefit in treating periodontitis, gingivitis, & halitosis. Hemp is a natural anti-inflammatory & powerful antioxidant. Wild Oregano oil & Rosemary oil are known antiseptics and act as a powerful antibacterial.
- SAFELY FORMULATED FOR YOUR PETS: They use all Human Grade Ingredients which are both wild crafted and organic no GMO or pesticides. We do not use emulsifiers and any chemicals. Our wickedly Potent Toothpaste is vegan and edible.
- WARM CLIMATE INSTRUCTIONS: This pure coconut oil base may liquify in warm climates. Just stir contents and refrigerate to resolidify. Store in a cool PLACE AFTERWOOD. NEVER INTRODUCE WATER TO CONTENTS AND NEVER DOUBLE DIP AS THAT BREEDS GERMS.
Our detailed Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Toothpaste For Dogs review
Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Toothpaste for dogs is made with all human grade ingredients and is not only harmless to ingest but beneficial because of natural activated charcoal.
Holistic and free of any lab-made chemicals, crafted wholly for fighting plaque, whitening, cleansing and soothing with a mild clean flavor for fresh breath.
Wickedly Potent! ingredients
Contents: 2 oz of all human grade ingredients.
- Coconut Oil
- Black Seed Oil (Organic)
- Activated Hardwood Charcoal Powder
- Baking Soda.
The beneficial properties of the all natural, herbal ingredients in Wickedly Potent! dog toothpaste:
- Activated Charcoal Powder: Naturally whitens teeth, but also clings to toxins and heals from within all through the digestion track.
- Coconut Oil: Is antibacterial and known to kill plaque-causing bacteria.
- Black Seed Oil: Is calming, healing to sore gums and anti-inflammatory.
- Parsley & Cinnamon: Infusions for fresh breath, and Cinnamon aides with anti-inflammation.
Wickedly Potent! directions for use
Use a pea size amount of toothpaste on a cloth, gentle toothbrush or your finger.
A little more is recommended for bigger dogs. Completely safe if swallowed.
Recommended Uses: 1 to 2 times daily for favored results.
Special note on consistency:
Mix well if separated. During hot weather coconut oil will melt to a liquid oil state (as real food grade non chemically altered coconut oil does) mix and place in refrigerator during the warmer climate if you want your toothpaste to be pastier.
The truth about “ALL NATURAL”
Because all Wickedly Potent! products are “all natural”, they do not use chemical emulsifiers.
As a matter of fact, they don’t use any chemicals or artificial synthetic ingredients at all. ✊
You may not know this but most products on the market today (even the ones claiming to be “natural” or “all natural”) are actually chemical cocktails made deceptively pleasing to your senses by their appearance, texture, consistency and scent.
Big industry has mastered the skill of turning chemicals into products and calling them “natural” because they added some nano drops of herbs to their concoction to trick you.
Wickedly Potent! does not do this.
They are a “love our earth” + “love our dogs” company.
There are no chemicals and certainly no nano proportions of the good stuff.
Wickedly Potent! products are packed with potent and powerful herbs, roots and oils to create superior herbal remedies.
When you really get into REAL and wholly natural products, sometimes, depending on the specific remedy, the consistency may be uneven or even separated.
You will need to take an extra step to shake before each use or mix upon use.
With wholly natural products, you may not always experience the superficial pleasantries that chemical concoctions offer by eluding your senses, but you will be getting the best that nature provides.
Human grade vs animal grade
Another point is that most pet products on the market today use animal grade ingredients that are not for human use.
Even products that say organic.
It’s super cheap.
Wickedly Potent! not only use ONLY human grade ingredients, but they use the best organic and wildcrafted ingredients.
At Wickedly Potent! their whole family uses all their brews.
At the end of the day you must make the choice if you truly want REAL & WHOLLY NATURAL or the superficial illusion that chemical cocktails touted as “natural” give you.
Going truly natural is an adjustment of what you’ve been taught.
Some of the most potent remedies do not look perfect or smell like an ocean breeze, but Wickedly Potent! promise you they are safe and effective for the task at hand.
Another thing I love about Wickedly Potent! is that they are animal cruelty free and contribute to no animal testing.
Their products are tested on themselves to see if they are good enough for them.
Most of their products are vegan, with the exception of the products with honey or beeswax.
They list all their ingredients to be completely transparent, even though it isn’t required by law for OTC herbal products.
Consistent and regular use of Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Tooth paste can maintain your dog’s oral health as it promotes fresh breath and fights plaque formation.
It also helps remove mild build up.
If your dog already has a lot of plaque buildup, very bad breath, red inflamed gums, and receding gum line prior to using this oral care product, then you should definitely VISIT YOUR VETERINARIAN.
Your pet may require a full dental.
Symptoms of canine periodontitis should NEVER go undiagnosed.
Dogs suffer in silence.
Canine periodontitis is a bacterial infection of the mouth. There are four stages of periodontal disease, progressing from plaque and mildly inflamed gums to established gingivitis (gum disease), and then on to mild and ultimately severe periodontitis, which may involve bone and/or tooth loss.
Seek the advice of your veterinary to determine if your pet also needs medical attention for their dental issues along with daily maintenance.
Just keep in mind that regular use of Wickedly Potent! Coconut Oil Toothpaste For Dogs may help in the prevention of this gum disease so it is a product that is well worth trying.
On the off chance you would like to make your own Coconut oil toothpaste for you dog, I’ve included a great recipe below.
Vegan coconut oil toothpaste recipe for dogs
As I said already, dental hygiene is super important for your dog’s overall health.
Gently brushing their teeth on a daily basis is the best way to remove plaque and prevent the buildup of tartar.
With this simple recipe, you can make your own healthy, tasty, and pet-safe toothpaste that won’t send your dog running when you get the toothbrush out. It’s always easier to go for something created by specialists, but this one should work well if you prefer the DIY way.
Vegan toothpaste recipe ingredients
- 1 cup virgin and unrefined coconut oil
- 4 tbsp food-grade diatomaceous earth (or baking soda)
- Half a handful of fresh peppermint (or peppermint essential oil)
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tsp cinnamon
(Note: Baking soda can be harmful to dogs if ingested in large enough quantities, so be careful not to overdo it if you use this ingredient. You may want to order some food-grade diatomaceous earth, which is fossilized algae and completely vegan, but you’ll definitely get the gritty texture you need for your dog toothpaste.)
- 1 jar with lid
- 1 blender
Vegan toothpaste recipe directions
- Add ingredients to your blender and mix thoroughly. If you don’t have fresh peppermint, you can add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil.
- Scoop out the contents and add it to your jar.
- Refrigerate when not in use.
Vegan coconut oil toothpaste nutrition
- Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal, which helps this toothpaste fight cavities.
- Parsley and peppermint are used as breath fresheners, but many use parsley to treat arthritis and urinary tract infections in their dogs too.
- Cinnamon is high in antioxidants, and it helps alleviate inflammation and fight infections.
WARNING: Do not use human toothpaste on your dog since these products can be harmful if swallowed.
Final piece of advice
Make sure your dog is calm and relaxed when you brush their teeth.
You want to establish a daily routine that works for both you and your dog.
A few minutes in the morning can really make all the difference to your pup’s dental health… and their morning breath.
If you want to follow suit and get a high quality coconut oil-based toothpaste (for humans this time) we reviewed our favorites here – make sure to check them out!